Kevin Deal headlines a Sunday Afternoon Concert 1-5pm, at World Famous Luckenbach, Texas. Loads of Halloween fun! Apple Bobbing & Costume Contest.
A celebration of Christmas music including classic, folk, traditional and new compositions directed by Mark Hierholzer. At historic St. Joseph’s Hall 212 West, San Antonio Street.
3 and 7 pm. By donation. Call (830) 997-6869 for more information
For children ages ten and under. Come for some old-fashioned fun on the Pioneer Museum grounds, 325 W. Main St. There might even be a visit from the Easter Bunny!
10:30 to 11:30 am. Regular museum admission will apply, but the event is free. Call 830-990-8441 for details.
Two-step in the New Year with live music by Thomas Michael Riley in Luckenbach, Texas, 412 Luckenbach Town Loop. Ticket includes admission to the dance hall and champagne toast. There are NO RESERVATIONS – first come, first served only. A shuttle service from Fredericksburg Inn & Suites to be provided from 7:30 pm to 2:00 am. Please check the website for more information as it becomes available.
Doors at 8 pm. $35 per person. Call 830-997-3224 for more information.
FTC’s Holiday Production featuring the Sanctified Sanders Family Singers, from Smoke On The Mountain fame, say a bittersweet goodbye to their only son as WWII begins – with hilarious and touching stories and 25 Southern Gospel Christmas favorites to light up your holiday. At the Steve W. Shepherd Theater. Tickets available online.
Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 pm and Sundays at 2 pm, 1668 S. US Hwy 87. Call 830-997-3588 for more information.
Enjoy this celebration of light, community and the Christmas spirit! Parade route includes both reserved and free seating. After Glow activities include children’s programming, shopping and local food and wine – all bathed in Fredericksburg’s spectacular Christmas lights! Parade route is on Main Street and starts at 6:30 pm. After Glow activites on Marktplatz from 3 to 10 pm. Photo ops with Santa and Mrs. Claus from 8 to 10 pm. Reserved parade seating cost is $15 first come, first served and tickets may be picked up at the Visitor Center. Attendees seated in the bleachers will be able to view the Laser Light Show which serves as the grand opening of the parade.
The most coveted Texas Wine Trail of the year! Vineyards and tasting rooms are cloaked in lights, warmth and holiday fun. Receive a collectible Christmas ornament and enjoy 1 – 3 complimentary tastes per person at each winery and special discounts on wine purchases. This is a self-guided wine trail to all 36 participating wineries. Tickets are limited and must be purchased online. Additional Christmas ornaments will be offered to wine trail participants at a 50% discount.
During regular winery hours for 10 straight days. $60 per couple or $35 per single.
Call (512) 914-5561 for more information
Local venues catering to New Year’s Eve revelers on Friday, December 31 include:
- Albert Dance Hall — 5435 S. RR 1623, Albert; dinner and dance; tickets online are $10 for dance or $20 for dinner and dance; purchased at door cost is $25; music at 8:00 p.m. by the Sam Bentley Band. 830-644-2042 / www.alberttexas.com
- Crossroads Saloon & Steakhouse — 305 W. Main St., Fredericksburg; $100 per person for dinner, dancing and champagne toast (or $50 for entertainment only); music by Freeride. 830-997-0485 / www.crossroads-texas.com/
- Hangar Hotel Officer’s Club — 155 Airport Rd., Fredericksburg; no cover; music starting at 7:00 p.m. by James Watson. 830-997-9990 / www.hangarhotel.com
- Hangar Hotel Pacific Showroom — 155 Airport Rd., Fredericksburg; $40; big band sound by Bill Smallwood Band and the Lone Star Swing Orchestra. 830-997-9990 / www.hangarhotel.com
- Hill Top Cafe — 10661 N US Highway 87, Fredericksburg; reservations required; two dinner seatings – 6:00 p.m. ($90) and 9:00 p.m. ($125); music by the Texas Allstars. 830-997-8922 / www.hilltopcafe.com
- Hondo’s on Main — 312 W. Main St., Fredericksburg; no cover; music by The Dust Devils. 830-997-1633 / www.hondosonmain.com
- Luckenbach Texas — RR 1376 off Hwy 290, Luckenbach; limited number of tickets ($57 each) available for 8:00 p.m. dance with music by Mike Blakely and Thomas Michael Riley bands. 830-997-3224 / www.luckenbachtexas.com
- Silver Creek Beer Garden & Grille — 310 E. Main St, Fredericksburg; no cover; music by Ben Beckendorf (noon), Jeff Wood (6:00 p.m.) and Josh Murley Band (10:00 p.m.). 830-990-4949 / www.silvercreekfbg.com
- Turner Hall — 103 W. Travis, Fredericksburg; $15 per person; 8:30 p.m.; music by The Wagon Aces. 830-997-3936
- VFW Post 7105 — 710 S. Washington, Fredericksburg; $10 per person; 8:00 p.m.; music by the Dave Laughlin Band. 830-997-5017
- Woodrose Winery — 662 Woodrose Lane, Stonewall; 7:00 p.m.; dinner and music by T. Roy and Candace Miller and by Levi Darr; $25 per person in advance (for reservations made by December 29), $30 at door / $10 for entertainment only. 830-644-2539
Zweite Weihnachten Fest, a “Second Christmas”, is a traditional German holiday party. Enjoy refreshments, wine, decorations and German Christmas items at Hill Country Historical Foundation, 312 W. San Antonio Street, Sunday December 26 from 2-5 pm. This fest keeps alive the German traditions of community gathering the day after Christmas. Admission is free.
Featuring Swamp Blues with Johnny Nicholas & Hell Bent. Special Mardi Gras menu will include authentic Cajun recipes and Hill Top classics (menu items will be individually priced). Reservations online or by phone.
$15 cover charge (food and drink items charged separately). Hill Top Cafe is at 10661 N US Hwy 87. 830-997-8922.