Fredericksburg, Texas, celebrates its German heritage through Oktoberfest. Oompah at its best. German music, food and drink, arts and crafts, children’s area and family fun. OKTOBERFEST is a colorful, festive celebration of Fredericksburg, Texas’ German heritage. OKTOBERFEST has become an annual tradition around the world. OKTOBERFEST is a community event of family entertainment featuring two stages and two tents with continuous oompah music, art and crafts, Children’s fun area ~ Kinder Park, a German
Bier Tent, and Oktoberfest Vineyard area, plus delicious food and drink … all weekend long!
· Three covered stages hosting continuous entertainment with some German favorites — oompah, polka, and waltzing, with exhibitions, contests, and plenty of opportunities for dancing – including the irresistible “Chicken Dance!”
· Over 45 juried artisans from across the state fill two big tents, offering their best arts and collectibles.
· Main Street Art Tent features a select group of Hill Country artists who will be selling their fine art.
· Lots of German foods, plus sizzling fajitas, ice cream, strudel, burgers and fries and much more.
· Adventurous tasters can sample over 30 varieties of German, American, Texan and other imported beer.
· Super kids area where they can play to their heart’s content on the Bungee Jump, Jumping Castle, and other fun games and activities right on the grounds.
For more information, call 830-997-4810.
Oompah at its best! Food and drink – food booths are ready to serve up sausage-on-a-stick, strudel, burgers, potato pancakes, Kraut and more. Over 50 varieties of domestic, German and Texas beer. Over 40 artisans – you won’t be able to resist the unique wares including handmade works of wood, pottery, clothing, glass, jewelry, gifts and art. Fun awaits in Kinderpark – for kids (of all ages) a hi-striker, duck pond, bungee jump, great games, slide and Sunshine the Clown. Take a memory home from the photo booth or with souvenirs. Live music on four different stages all weekend long. Come celebrate Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg!
Friday 6 pm to midnight; Saturday 10 am to midnight; Sunday 11 am to 6 pm. $7 per person; $1 children 12 and under; under 6 free. Two-day passes $12; three-day passes $16. Gate opens at noon on Friday for advance ticket sales and information.
Call (830) 997-4810 for more details.
At this time, we are completely booked for Oktoberfest. Cancellations can happen, so call us if you have problems finding a room. Also check with the Fredericksburg Visitors Center, they try to keep track of who has openings during these busy times. Their number is 888-997-3600.
Oompah at its best! When summer ends and fall begins the cool air of October arrives, and so does Oktoberfest. For three full days, the world is invited to sing, toast and dance at one of Fredericksburg’s favorite fests. Celebrate 34 years of Texas gemutlichkeit with sizzling bratwurst, four stages of entertainment, arts and crafts, Chicken Dancing, a kids’ area and more. Forty juried artisans fill big tents and a select group of Hill Country artists showcase their fine art. Enjoy a hearty menu of delicious German and American foods. An awesome family event and lots more . . . Please visit the website for a complete schedule of events.
Friday 6 pm to midnight; Saturday 10 am to midnight; Sunday 11 am to 6 pm. $7 adults; $1 kids 7 – 12; 6 and under free. 2-day passes $12; 3-day passes $16. Gates open at noon on Friday for advance ticket sales and information! Please note that pets are not allowed on Marktplatz.