From the coast to the badlands, suburbia to hay fields splayed open to the sky with all those long, winding roads between . . . come home to Texas this Texas Independence Day with RS Hanna Gallery, 208 S. Llano, a jewel box of “artists’ artists” located just a few steps off the beaten path in historic Fredericksburg. Opening reception from 6 to 8 pm during First Friday Art Walk Fredericksburg. Call 830-307-3071 for more information.
Romantic Weekend Getaways in Texas
Experience romance in the heart of the Texas Hill Country! Charming accommodations, sweeping views, and southern hospitality combine to create the ideal setting for romantic weekend getaways in Texas. It is often a surprise to folks how romantic AND affordable a trip to Fredericksburg can be!
Romantic Ideas & Add-Ons
Let us help you set the stage for the perfect vacation with your sweetheart! We offer a variety of suggestions to help add to the already romantic backdrop provided by the Texas Hill Country. All of our suggestions can be included with any of our Fredericksburg lodging rentals:
- Flower Arrangement – Request a beautiful bouquet to greet you upon arrival.
- Fredericksburg Dining – Plan a romantic dinner for two at an amazing local restaurant
- Main Street – Take a stroll downtown and pop into one of the many unique shops for a sweet treat or fun reminder of your vacation.
- Enchanted Rock.– Go stargazing with your sweetie from this beautiful Texas State Park, or take in the gorgeous Hill Country, especially phenomenal at sunset!
Romantic Weekend Getaways in Texas
Don’t forget to check out the Texas Hill Country Wine Trail –a collection of the area’s favorite wineries offering everything from tastings to special events. This is a fun way to experience the scenery in the Hill Country while staying in one of our great local rental accommodations!
- Texas Wine Tours – Short & long tours of the best local wineries, designed to be hassle-free and fully customizable, you can also request group or connoisseur wine tours.
Joining us in the spring? Be sure to bring a camera, you’ll love seeing all of the wildflowers in full bloom!
Whatever you choose to do, we’re sure your weekend getaway will be romantic and memorable! For more help planning please feel free to contact us: 866-427-8374 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seven Bridges performs the best of the Eagles for two nights at Rock Box Theater, 109 North Llano. The Ultimate Eagles Experience is a stunningly accurate tribute to the music of the Eagles, using no backing tracks or harmonizers. Seven Bridges faithfully re-creates the experience of an Eagles concert from the band’s most prolific period featuring one brilliant hit single after another. Please call (830) 997-7625 or visit the website for ticket information.
Both shows start at 7:30 pm. All seats reserved.
I know many people call during the spring and summer months specifically looking for something on the river. While we have a few great properties to offer with river access, it is not usual for us to have a property that is literally ON the river. At the beginning of this month we took a new property in our service and while I was thinking “on the river” meant in reality only river access, I was proven wrong when I ventured out to The FISHerman’sParadise.
This property is located about 12 miles south of town. I remember pulling into the driveway and was shocked only to find this retreat that made me feel as if I just stepped into a well manicured “lake house”. This stunning property literally sits right there looking onto thePedernalesRiver. With an awesome playground for children and plenty of running space, I can see why any family would enjoy bringing their kids here to enjoy the property with them.
As I walked into the Pedernales Retreat, I felt like I was on vacation. With a nice and spacious set up this suite can sleep up to 6 people. I loved how clean it was and how beautiful your view was from the long open window. If you have 8 people you can add the River’s Treehouse suite to make it a whole house for a group to enjoy especially on those beautiful summer days. I think the intimate large 2 person suite was my favorite part because from your bed you look right onto the river. Not only that but the amazing bathroom. I think the bathtub with the windows surrounding it making it feel so open and yet so private was what really made me love this bathroom so much. For those of you who just want a private getaway for 2, don’t worry the River Treehouse is so quaint and private you probably won’t even know if there are other guests in the other suite. I loved this property and I am excited that it is in our service. This house seems to me like a perfect getaway for those family outings or even just a romantic escape.
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the fbglodging.com website. On some pages, you can make requests for project quotes. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
The Way We Use Information:
We use the information you provide about yourself when request a quote only to help you find an appropriate vacation rental. We do not share this information with outside parties except as authorized by you, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with the law..
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy:
We do not allow people under the age of eighteen to make reservations.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at (866) 427-8374 or send us an email at email@example.com.
Terms of Service
You agree that you are of legal age to enter into this agreement, and that the information you submit is true or accurate. You agree to pay for all goods and services that you, or those using your account, ordered through the site, including taxes. All legal disputes will be resolved in Gillespie County.
Upon making a reservation, Gastehaus Schmidt will send a confirmation (via snail mail, fax, or email). Please check over the information. Ultimately, it is a guests responsibility to double check dates and location of reservation. Any questions should be directed to the Gastehaus Schmidt office at 830-997-5612. Please bring the confirmation and map with you when you come to town. It has the address to your guesthouse in it. Failure to bring your map is not a valid reason for cancellation.
- Reservations made online are subject to homeowner restrictions. If there is a problem, Gästehaus Schmidt will contact you as soon as possible.
- Upon making a reservation, you agree to the cancellation policy provided on this site.
- Check in is anytime after 3 pm. Gästehaus Schmidt will not release keys before check-in.
- Check-out time is 11 am. For late check-outs, a late charge equal to one-half night’s stay will be applied to your credit card.
- Registered guests are responsible for any damage done to a home and or extra cleaning fees. Should additional (above and beyond the norm) cleaning be required, your credit card will be charged $25/hour fee. Some homes charge by the bedroom. If you use more bedrooms than initially reserved we will charge the extra charges to your credit card.
- Homeowners have the right to police the number of people you have in your party. If a homeowner reports extra guests to the Gastehaus Schmidt office, your credit card will be charged appropriately.
- If you or your guests smoke in a non-smoking home, your credit card may be charged a $300 fee.
- There is a $5.00 fee per set of keys for failure to return them to our office.
- Reservations are held, per your request, by credit card or check. Gastehaus Schmidt will authorize the balance due on your credit card within 7-10 days to arrival. If a credit card does not hold an authorization (declines or shows as lost), your reservation is subject to cancellation, and forfeiture of your deposit, if any.
- Changes can occur at any time, including PRICE and POLICY changes. Home owners often make other changes such as discontinuing a breakfast or changing a bed size. Gastehaus Schmidt is not responsible for any changes a homeowner might make in the property that they own. Gastehaus Schmidt makes every effort to let you know about these changes.
- Gastehaus Schmidt reserves the right to move guests if unforeseen circumstances present themselves.
- All of the homes represented by Gastehaus Schmidt are privately owned and operated. Gastehaus Schmidt is a reservation service and is not liable for the maintenance and care of the homes themselves. The hosts or manager of each property is responsible for their guests satisfaction.
- Gastehaus Schmidt reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
You agree that Gästehaus Schmidt will charge $30 for any cancellation more than 10 days from your arrival date. Within 10 days, you agree that you are responsible for the complete reservation. If Gästehaus Schmidt rebooks the reservation, there will only be a $30 cancellation fee. Weather conditions are not a valid reason for cancellation, however, if roads are impassable according to the Texas Department of Transportation, a different cancellation policy may be instituted. The homeowner retains the right to police the number of guests in their Bed and Breakfast and have Gästehaus Schmidt charge accordingly. You agree that you will not hold a party or a wedding without written permission from the homeowner.
Changes on Reservations
If the number of guests decreases within 10 days to arrival, you agree to be responsible for them.
Group cancellations must follow slightly different set of rules. Groups constitute a reservation made by one individual or a business or group of other name that rents five or more units (suites, cottages, cabins, etc) for a specific date. One night’s deposit must be made the same day a group reservation is taken. The balance of the lodging charges must be paid at least 21 days prior to arrival. Gästehaus Schmidt will charge $30 per unit for any cancellation more than 21 days from your arrival date. Cancellations made within 21 days to arrival lose any deposit and must be paid in full. Group reservations must receive written permission from Gastehaus Schmidt and it’s homeowners if your group plans to gather at one location. Guests may be asked to leave if they do not have written permission for any such gatherings and/or be billed at an additional $250.00 per every hour the party or gathering occurred.
Exceptions to Cancellation Policy
If the Texas Department of Transportation declares roads impassable and no alternate route is available, an alternative cancellation policy may be considered.
Gastehaus Schmidt makes every effort to provide correct and up-to-date information, however the material on the website may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. Changes are made to the site periodically and may be made at any time, including price changes. Information on the site does not constitute an offer, or a contract. Gästehaus Schmidt is not liable for damage to equipment, loss of data, inability to use data, delays, interruptions, or computer viruses.
- Gastehaus Schmidt is not responsible for information provided by other websites.
- There are 400 guest houses and Bed and Breakfasts in Fredericksburg. Names can be very similar, sometimes intentionally so. Gästehaus Schmidt is not responsible if you attempt to book one of our properties but end up at another reservation service.
Office Hours – Fredericksburg
Our Fredericksburg office is located at 231 West Main, Fredericksburg, Texas 78624.
Monday – Friday 9 am to 6 pm
Saturday – 10 am to 5 pm
Sunday – 10 am to 4 pm
We can be contacted by phone at 830-997-5612, fax at 830-997-8282 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Gastehaus Schmidt has been privately owned and in operation since 1985. All of the homes in our service are privately owned and operated. We service the Texas Hill Country, more specifically Fredericksburg, Comfort, Kerrville, Ingram and Hunt.
The information provided on our website is explicitly owned by Gastehaus Schmidt. Use of any written and/or photographed material is prohibited without written permission from Gastehaus Schmidt. Printing information from this site may only be used for personal purposes and may not be copied for public use.
Lost and Found
Gastehaus Schmidt and it’s property owners are not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Found items are usually held in our office for six weeks (pillows are only held for two weeks). If you do not contact our office and make arrangements for pick up or mailing, these items will be donated to a local charity.
- Gastehaus-Schmidt has implemented and uses Display Advertising and Remarketing through the Google AdWords network to advertise online.
- Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet.
- Gastehaus-Schmidt and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website.
- Visitors may use the Google Analytics opt-out Browser add on (link to: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) to opt-out of these advertisements online.
Randy Rupley, local author and translator, will be signing his recently published book which is a translation of the novel by Friedrich Armand Strubberg, Fredericksburg (Fredericksburg: The Colony of the German Noblemen’s Society in Texas) on Saturday, January 28, 2012 from 10:00 A. M. until noon at the Pioneer Museum. Mr. Rupley is actively involved in translating German manuscripts into the English language.
You are invited to share a different perspective on the history of Fredericksburg in the 1850’s. Friedrich Armand Strubberg who was also known as Dr. Schubert first published the book written in German in 1867. Most of the stories concerning the adventurous life of this character are based on the sensational stories he wrote himself. They contain important eyewitness accounts of events as well as personal observations and his opinions. He may not be remembered as a great colonizer, but he certainly deserves to be remembered as a great novelist who wrote about the early activities in the Texas Hill Country.
His book is available for purchase at the Pioneer Museum Gift Shop at 325 W. Main Street.
Celebrate Oktoberfest with us October 4-6. Three fun fill days!!
Oktoberfest is just 2 1/2 weeks away! This event is one of my very favorites events!! Beginning on Friday night, October4, at 6:00 pm the party will roll. Come on down to Marktplatz and be a party of the fun!
Oompah at its Best, the aroma of sizzling bratwurst, and the cries of prosit once again herald the arrival of Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg, Texas and we invite you to join us. For three full days, the whole world is invited to sing, toast and dance at one of Fredericksburg’s favorite festivals, celebrating its 31 years of Texas gemütlichkeit (coziness)!
OktubaFest on Friday beginning at 5:45.
Saturday morning, Chicken Dance Around the Square. First 310 registrants will receive a special treat. Chicken Dance starts at 9:45 AM sharp.
Sunday, there will be a 42 (dominoes) tournament beginning at 1:00 PM, as well as sing-a-longs
Oompah All Three Days
|Three covered stages hosting German favorites – oompah, polka, and waltzing, with contests, and plenty of opportunities for dancing – including the irresistible “Chicken Dance!” To list a few – Jodie Mikula Orchestra, Oma & The Oompahs, TubaMeisters, Sauerkrauts, Polkamatics, Havlak Batla Polka Time Band, The Sound Connection, and many more
One day only! One of the largest traveling prehistoric exhibits in North America is coming to Fredericksburg! ”Dinosaur George” of the History Channel’s “Jurassic Fight Club” will present an incredible display of dinosaur skulls including one of the largest T-Rex skulls ever found. You’ll see saber tooth tigers, crocodiles and much more. At the Pioneer Pavilion at Lady Bird Johnson Park. Bring your cameras! Program courtesy of the Fredericksburg Rockhounds.
9 am to 6 pm. Free admission. At Lady Bird Park, Pioneer Pavillion.
Owners Services | Fredericksburg Rental Homes
Walk in Guests
When you have your house clean and ready for walk in guests (those who do not have advance reservations, they “walk-in” to our office looking for a place to stay), please call our office to let us know. One of our reservationists will mark your house clean in our RDP computer system and also mark your house’s photos on our board. This is very important, because we direct walk in guests to look at our picture boards to decide where they’d like to stay. Each day we tag our picture boards to make it easy to identify those home which are clean.
Walk-in’s are a good percentage of our total reservations. If your ready for them, let us know! You are also welcome to e-mail us email@example.com.
As a note: if you have guests checking out (or if you have marked our house off for any reason)*, your house is automatically marked dirty in our computer, it will not be marked clean until you call us.
- if you mark your house off for any reason, even spring cleaning, the computer will automatically mark your house dirty.
Planning to be Out of Town?
We all need a break and traveling is a wonderful opportunity to see where Fredericksburg stacks up for travel destinations.
- Please let our office know of your plans.
- Either mark off your house or find a reliable person to fill in for you and let us know who they are and how to reach them.
- Ask yourself “is this person able to handle emergency situations or problems?”
- Make sure your fill-in knows who to contact for air-conditioning/heating, plumbing, or electrical problems, and even pest control if you are planning an extended vacation.
Complaints are a part of the business. You can be proactive and head off potential complaints!
- Clean! Clean! Clean!We can’t stress it enough…. at the very minimum, a guest should have a clean place to stay.
- Bug Patrol!Ants, spiders, and roaches are NOT a part of country charm! Schedule regular pest control.
- Comfortable beds!Mattresses should be comfortable, no exceptions!
- Treat your guest as you would want to be treatedKindness goes a long way, especially if your are solving a problem. Be friendly and helpful when guests ask questions, they are looking for the “local scoop.”
The annual Black Eyed Pea and Cornbread Cookoff will be held on January 1, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Torre di Pietra Winery, located at 10915 East U.S. Highway 290 east of Fredericksburg. Are you the King or Queen of black eyed peas and cornbread? Let’s see what ya got. Black eyed pea entry fee is $20 and cornbread entry fee is $20, with a guaranteed $500 first prize in both categories. Live music by The Almost Patsy Cline Band from 1:00 – 5:00pm. For more information, call (830)990-9755.