Personally identifying information is collected only when you fill out an information request, or make a reservation online. Gästehaus Schmidt will store that information for its own internal use. We may disclose to third parties certain aggregate information contained in your account, provided that such information does not contain any personally identifying information, except as authorized by you, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with the law.
Terms of Service
You agree that you are of legal age to enter into this agreement, and that the information you submit is true or accurate. You agree to pay for all goods and services that you, or those using your account, ordered through the site, including taxes.
Upon making a reservation, Gastehaus Schmidt will send a confirmation (via snail mail, fax, or email). Please check over the information. Ultimately, it is a guests responsibility to double check dates and location of reservation. Any questions should be directed to the Gastehaus Schmidt office at 830-997-5612. Please bring the confirmation and map with you when you come to town. It has the address to your guesthouse in it. Failure to bring your map is not a valid reason for cancellation.
- Reservations made online are subject to homeowner restrictions. If there is a problem, Gästehaus Schmidt will contact you as soon as possible.
- Upon making a reservation, you agree to the cancellation policy provided on this site.
- Check in is anytime after 2 pm. Gästehaus Schmidt will not release keys before check-in.
- Check-out time is 11 am. For late check-outs, a late charge equal to one-half night’s stay will be applied to your credit card.
- Registered guests are responsible for any damage done to a home and or extra cleaning fees. Should additional (above and beyond the norm) cleaning be required, your credit card will be charged $25/hour fee. Some homes charge by the bedroom. If you use more bedrooms than initially reserved we will charge the extra charges to your credit card.
- Homeowners have the right to police the number of people you have in your party. If a homeowner reports extra guests to the Gastehaus Schmidt office, your credit card will be charged appropriately.
- If you or your guests smoke in a non-smoking home, your credit card may be charged a $300 fee.
- There is a $5.00 fee per set of keys for failure to return them to our office.
- Reservations are held, per your request, by credit card or check. Gastehaus Schmidt will authorize the balance due on your credit card within 7-10 days to arrival. If a credit card does not hold an authorization (declines or shows as lost), your reservation is subject to cancellation, and forfeiture of your deposit, if any.
- Changes can occur at any time, including PRICE and POLICY changes. Home owners often make other changes such as discontinuing a breakfast or changing a bed size. Gastehaus Schmidt is not responsible for any changes a homeowner might make in the property that they own. Gastehaus Schmidt makes every effort to let you know about these changes.
- Gastehaus Schmidt reserves the right to move guests if unforeseen circumstances present themselves.
- All of the homes represented by Gastehaus Schmidt are privately owned and operated. Gastehaus Schmidt is a reservation service and is not liable for the maintenance and care of the homes themselves. The hosts or manager of each property is responsible for their guests satisfaction.
- Gastehaus Schmidt reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
You agree that Gästehaus Schmidt will charge $30 for any cancellation more than 10 days from your arrival date. Within 10 days, you agree that you are responsible for the complete reservation. If Gästehaus Schmidt rebooks the reservation, there will only be a $30 cancellation fee. Weather conditions are not a valid reason for cancellation, however, if roads are impassable according to the Texas Department of Transportation, a different cancellation policy may be instituted. The homeowner retains the right to police the number of guests in their Bed and Breakfast and have Gästehaus Schmidt charge accordingly. You agree that you will not hold a party or a wedding without written permission from the homeowner.
Changes on Reservations
If the number of guests decreases within 10 days to arrival, you agree to be responsible for them.
Group cancellations must follow slightly different set of rules. Groups constitute a reservation made by one individual or a business or group of other name that rents five or more units (suites, cottages, cabins, etc) for a specific date. One night’s deposit must be made the same day a group reservation is taken. The balance of the lodging charges must be paid at least 21 days prior to arrival. Gästehaus Schmidt will charge $30 per unit for any cancellation more than 21 days from your arrival date. Cancellations made within 21 days to arrival lose any deposit and must be paid in full. Group reservations must receive written permission from Gastehaus Schmidt and it’s homeowners if your group plans to gather at one location. Guests may be asked to leave if they do not have written permission for any such gatherings and/or be billed at an additional $250.00 per every hour the party or gathering occurred.
Exceptions to Cancellation Policy
If the Texas Department of Transportation declares roads impassable and no alternate route is available, an alternative cancellation policy may be considered.
Gastehaus Schmidt makes every effort to provide correct and up-to-date information, however the material on the website may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. Changes are made to the site periodically and may be made at any time, including price changes. Information on the site does not constitute an offer, or a contract. Gästehaus Schmidt is not liable for damage to equipment, loss of data, inability to use data, delays, interruptions, or computer viruses.
- Gastehaus Schmidt is not responsible for information provided by other websites.
- There are 400 guest houses and Bed and Breakfasts in Fredericksburg. Names can be very similar, sometimes intentionally so. Gästehaus Schmidt is not responsible if you attempt to book one of our properties but end up at another reservation service.
Office Hours – Fredericksburg
Our Fredericksburg office is located at 231 West Main, Fredericksburg, Texas 78624.
Monday – Friday 9 am to 6 pm
Saturday – 10 am to 5 pm
Sunday - 10 am to 4 pm
We can be contacted by phone at 830-997-5612, fax at 830-997-8282 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Gastehaus Schmidt has been privately owned and in operation since 1985. All of the homes in our service are privately owned and operated. We service the Texas Hill Country, more specifically Fredericksburg, Comfort, Kerrville, Ingram and Hunt.
The information provided on our website is explicitly owned by Gastehaus Schmidt. Use of any written and/or photographed material is prohibited without written permission from Gastehaus Schmidt. Printing information from this site may only be used for personal purposes and may not be copied for public use.
Lost and Found
Gastehaus Schmidt and it’s property owners are not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Found items are usually held in our office for six weeks (pillows are only held for two weeks). If you do not contact our office and make arrangements for pick up or mailing, these items will be donated to a local charity.