As the town grew, Fredericksburg’s Sunday Houses gradually became more than just a weekend home. Amandus Vogel and his wife, Elizabeth, had a farm at Cave Creek, and a little one room Sunday House with an attic on this lot in 1890. Amandus passed away in 1898. Elizabeth moved to town, and added an identical room and attic on the east side of the house in 1900. Later, the back porch was enclosed to provide indoor plumbing. It was about this time, too, that the metal siding was added to the house. In the 1970s, new owners added an addition at the back of the house. It was recorded as a Texas landmark in 1982.
/wp-content/uploads/logo-new4.png 0 0 Jeff /wp-content/uploads/logo-new4.png Jeff2011-04-03 10:48:342011-03-29 10:49:42Walking Tour - 418 West Austin - Vogel Sunday House