Oktoberfest Celebrates 30 Years of Texas Gemütlichkeit
Oompah at it’s best, the aroma of sizzling bratwurst, and the cries of Prosit! once again herald the arrival of Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg, Texas, October 1, 2 & 3, 2010. For three full days, the whole world is invited to sing, toast and dance at one of Fredericksburg’s favorite festivals, celebrating its 30th Anniversary this year!
· Kicking off their anniversary celebration will be a mini parade and opening ceremony featuring a Tuba Jam on Friday starting at 5:30 PM.
· Saturday morning, be sure to join us for our Chicken Dance Block Party. Registration will begin at 9:00 AM, complete details found on website.
· Domino tournament and sing-a-longs on Sunday.
· Three covered stages hosting continuous entertainment with some German favorites — oompah, polka, and waltzing, with exhibitions, contests, and plenty of opportunities for dancing – including the irresistible “Chicken Dance!”
· Over 45 juried artisans from across the state fill two big tents, offering their best arts and collectibles.
· Main Street Art Tent features a select group of Hill Country artists who will be selling their fine art.
· Lots of German foods, plus sizzling fajitas, ice cream, strudel, burgers and fries and much more.
· Adventurous tasters can sample over 30 varieties of German, American, Texan and other imported beer.
· Super kids area where they can play to their heart’s content on the Bungee Jump, Jumping Castle, and other fun games and activities right on the grounds.
For more information, call 830-997-4810.
We only have a few rooms left for Oktoberfest weekend!