Fredericksburg Country Homes
Picture a little log cabin nestled in the trees overlooking a clear, running creek. Sounds too good to be true but this is exactly what you will find in the Grape Creek Bungalow. This historic log cabin was found in Tennessee and moved to its present home eleven miles from Fredericksburg.
The main room of the log cabin has an inviting pair of armchairs of navy blue plaid and both are comfortably placed around an enticing fireplace. Other interesting features include the bearskin on the wall, the sled coffeetable, and the folk art Indonesian deer head. A small table for two is perfect for enjoying your morning coffee. Completing this perfect picture is an antique country buffet with a folk art wooden horse sitting atop the buffet.
A plaid comforter of deep burgundy, green, blue and peach beautify the queen size bed. Curtains matching the comforter adorn the windows creating special warmth plus accent all the natural wood found in the room. While lying in bed you can enjoy not only a crackling fire, but also watch the stars through the large glass windows along the roofline.
The kitchen is rustic and charming. A refrigerator is cleverly concealed behind an old wood door. The unique bath creates the feel of being in an outhouse. At every point this guesthouse is a refreshing, bright, and joyous escape from hectic lives.
Outside you may enjoy sitting on the front porch and watching the Grape Creek, which flows below. Fill the bird feeders with birdseed or use the barbecue grill to picnic around the large table a short distance from the Bungalow. Forty acres are available for guests to roam. Hill Country Bungalow is also a guesthouse on the property and sleeps eight persons. The property is only 11 miles from Comfort and Fredericksburg and six miles from Luckenbach.
Vacation Cabin Rental Details
LOCATION -11 Miles from Fredericksburg
HOST – Home to yourselves
SLEEPS – Two persons -Bedroom has queen-size bed
BATH – One bath has shower
BREAKFAST – Coffee and teas left for you; guests may want to bring drinking water
KITCHEN – Microwave and refrigerator
AMENITIES -Ceiling fans, wall unit heat & air, fireplace and wood, large front porch, phone, outdoor grill, creek (drought conditions may cause creek to be dry), picnic table
PETS – NO
CHILDREN – NO
SMOKING – OUTSIDE
FIREARMS – NO
FIREWORKS – NO
$110.00*/1 or 2 persons/night
*plus 6% tax
Beginning January 1, 2017, we will require payment in full ten days before your arrival.
TWO NIGHT MINIMUM ON WEEKENDS
Fireplace will not be available during Burn Bans. Please check with your hosts before using.
Due to a few unkind guests, the owners find it necessary to make a list of “requests.” The following list is derived from actual actions of guests. Just like warning signs on products, they are put on there because someone has actually done what they are warning you about. So here goes…
- If you move the furniture around in the house and do not put it back the way it was when you arrived, there will be a $100 charge on your credit card.
- If you move the furniture around on the porch and do not put it back the way it was when you arrived, there will be a $100 charge on your credit card.
- If you take furniture out of the house and put it on the porch and do not put it back, there will be a $100 charge on your credit card.
- If you take decorations off of the walls and hang them outside or rearrange them in the house, there will be a $100 charge on your credit card.
- If you gather rocks, twigs, limbs, ball moss, etc. while you are here, do not leave them in the cabin or on the porch. Release them back in to the wild before you leave.
- If you feel inclined to clean out the ashes from your fire while you are here, do not just dump them out at the clean out spot. Put them in the bucket and dump them away from the cabin.
- If you move either grill to accommodate your seating arrangements, move them back where they were when you arrived.
- The property line is the creek. If you cross the creek, you are on someone else’s property. Please, no trespassing. Stay on this side of the creek.
Thank you very much for your cooperation! Have a great stay!
28 Kallenberg-Klinksiek Rd