What to Do in Fredericksburg, TX
Plan Your Trip to Texas Hill Country
The Texas Hill Country encompasses over 14,000 square miles of music, rolling hills, spring-fed rivers, and dude ranches. The diversity of this area ensures that tourists can find virtually anything they want to do, especially if they are hunting for something with a little more romance to it. So join in & sign-up for some, or all, of the fun things to do in Fredericksburg, TX!
Romantic Things to Do in Fredericksburg TX & Vacation Add-Ons
- Romantic Ideas
- Gift Certificates
- Gift Baskets
- Hill Country Express Wine Tours
- Above and Beyond Day Spa
- Texas Wine Tours
Romantic Wineries & Fun Wine Trail Events
Fredericksburg is becoming more and more well-known for its wine production and local wineries. This has helped Texas become fifth on the nation’s list of top wine producers. These wineries include Becker Vineyards, Comfort Cellars Winery, Fredericksburg Winery and Grape Creek Vineyards, all with their own list of national awards.
What could be more fun or romantic than vacationing near one of our many local wineries, complete with full wine tour and sampling options at nearly every turn! The wineries of the Texas Hill Country have a large selection of wines to offer, and visitors are seldom disappointed. Other popular wineries in the area include Bell Mountain Vineyards, Oberhof Winery, Woodrose Winery and Torre Di Pietra Winery. These wineries host tastings of newly released wines during the year, along with wine and food pairings, seminars, demonstrations, and tours.
Come and meet the vintners as you tour and taste. Dates of Trail Events may include:
- February – Wine Lover’s Trails
- April – Wine & Wildflower Trail
- August – Harvest Wine Trail
- October – Texas Wine Month Passport Trail
- December – Holiday Wine Trail
For more information about these events call 1-866-621-9463 or check the website.
- Bell Mountain/Oberhellmann Vineyards – (830) 685-3297; 14 miles N on TX 16
- Grape Creek Vineyards – (830) 644-2710; 10 miles E on US 290
- Becker Vineyards– (830) 644-2681; 10 miles east of Fredericksburg off Hwy. 290 on Jenschke Ln.
- Fredericksburg Winery– (830) 990-8747; 247 W. Main Street
- Chisholm Trail Winery – (830) 990-2675; Hwy. 290 W. 9 miles left to 2367 Usener Road
While making your plans to visit a local winery, choose a fun and unique Hill Country or Fredericksburg rental to complete your vacation.
The Joy of Peaches
Nothing emanates the rich flavors of summer or the romance of the harvest like a field full of fresh peaches! Gillespie County produces 40% of all the peaches grown in the state of Texas. Roadside stands line most of the roads leading into Fredericksburg with major concentrations along Hwy 290 between Fredericksburg and Stonewall. The peach season runs from mid-May through the first week of August in a normal year. Several orchards offer pick-your-own for those who really want to experience the peach season. So grab your family, or sweetheart, and plan a trip to the peach capital of Texas. The Hill Country Fruit Council produces a list of its members in a brochure entitled Fredericksburg-Stonewall Peaches, which is on their website, check it out!
Other Great Things to Do in Fredericksburg TX & Nearby Areas
We know that although you’re looking forward to some rest and relaxation in the comfort of your room or vacation rental, you also may want to venture out a bit and see what the surrounding area has to offer. If you are wondering what to do in Fredericksburg, TX you have come to the right place. The Fredericksburg area provides a variety of fun, entertaining activities for the whole family to enjoy. From outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and golf to fun shops and spas around town, we’re sure you’ll find a variety of things to keep you busy while you enjoy Fredericksburg.
- Hill Country Golf – What better way to enjoy the beauty of Fredericksburg while playing a round of golf?
- Texas Hiking & Cycling – From rock climbing to picnicking, the Fredericksburg area offers outdoor activities for all ages and ability levels. Be sure to check out Enchanted Rock, it’s one of our favorites!
- Shopping in Fredricksburg – Offering everything from unique boutiques to art galleries and antiques, you’re sure to find the perfect little something to take home with you to remember your vacation!
- Spa Services – Relax and unwind in one of our amazing day spas, or call and order a massage from the comfort of your room.
- Biking – Miles upon miles of trails throughout rolling hills and gorgeous scenery. A cyclist’s dream!